• Filo pastry (ready made) – 5 large sheets
• 1 red onion
• 3 garlic cloves
• 5 large tomatoes
• 1 red chilli
• 120g soy mince (can swap this out for 200g of diced mushrooms if you don’t eat soy mince)
• 50g of green peas
• 2 medium carrots – diced
• A handful of fresh coriander
• 1 lime
• 1 stock cube
• 1 stick of Celery – diced
• 100g of water
• Pinch of black pepper
• 1 tsp of Paprika
• 2 tbsp. of rapeseed oil
1. Place a pan on medium heat, place the 2 tbp of rapeseed oil in alongside the red onions and fry till the red onions turn translucent.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped celery, chilli and garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes
3. Add the soy mince, peas, carrots, stock with all spices and cook for a further – 15 mins
4. Add at the end add the herbs and the juice of 1 lime then stir in well, at the stage turn off the heat. Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before assembling the pie.
5. Once cooled – roll out the pastry and place 100g of filling for each pie. Fold over and crimp sealed. Brush olive oil on top (this will help it go brown in the oven) (at this stage you can freeze the pies if not needed straight away)
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake for 15 mines.
7. Serve hot