Green Chickpea Tofu burgers
• 100g of chickpeas
• 100g of tofu
• 50g spinach
• 200g of breadcrumbs
• 2 tbsp. of water
Spices and herbs
• 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
• 1 tbsp of olive oil
• 1 tsp black pepper
• Bunch freshly chopped parsley
• Pinch of salt.
Serves 10 – 1 burger is 1 serving
1. Drain out all the water from the tofu, by cutting them into sliced stake like shapes. Place them in-between cloth / or tissue. Please see the photos for breakdown. This often takes about 15 mins to 30 mins to dry out.
2. In a bowl add Tofu with the black pepper, salt, fresh chopped parsley and paprika. Add the 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix well.
3. In the food processor mix the soaked tofu, chickpeas and spinach and ground almonds and breadcrumbs. Just enough to blend the ingredients. At the end of it the chickpeas should still be in chunks.
4. Make the blended mix into burger shapes and to your desired size as well. – refrigerate for 20 mins for the shape to hold and the ingredients to bind.
5. In the oven: Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Brush each burger with a little bit of rapeseed oil. Line the baking trays with a thin layer of oil. Place the burgers into the oven and cook for 40 minutes. Until golden brown on the top and burgers are firm to touch.