I personally go to the gym about 4 times a week, this is due to going over the past 3 years. At the start I went once or twice a week to get a feel and not just straight into the deep end. People always ask being a vegan how do you gain weight or muscle, then I go easy and proceed to list
- Eat 6 to 8 times a day which equates to roughly every 2 to 4 hours. Personally I do 6 because 8 is near impossible unless you work from home. These are small meals, slightly larger than a snack.
– 2nd breakfast
– 2nd lunch
– post dinnernutrients needed to fuel muscle growth and recover so you can work out harder the next time you hit the gym.
2. I strive for 1-1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight in grams of protein.
So I weigh 63kg so I try to have 63g of protein a day. You don’t need to exceed that really. I usually have 1 scoop of protein a day (25g) and eat the rest in meals (this is better quality protein.) But for post work outs I have I scoop extra of protein (25g) plus 5g of creatine as this helps with protein absorption post work out.
Pre-work out: I just have one of my meals and 1hr before the gym or grab like a good protein bar and banana.
Links if protein I use: https://www.theproteinworks.com/vegan-protein
Creatine I use: https://www.theproteinworks.com/creatine-monohydrate
3. I strive for 2 to 3 grams of carbohydrates per pound of bodyweight.
It is important to take in 15 to 20 calories per pound of bodyweight. Start at the lower number and adjust up or down based on the progress that you are making.
Fat is healthy! Roughly about 30% of your intake. (Calorie wise)
– if you download the app myfitnesspal it should help you track all of the above by roughly. YouTube how to use it as it’s daunting at first.
4. Types of food to eat:
I have a blog post you can go to to show what types of food to eat and how to keep up with it.Here is the links: https://vgfood.org/2017/02/26/a-way-to-eat-healthy/