Once in a while it is defiantly a must to indulge (reasonably) otherwise and healthy lifestyle eating habit will slowly turn into back to back of take outs, snacking and eating out. If anybody tells you that you can work round it and limit yourself when not doing either of the above, that my friend is a liar and are not looking out for your best interest. The best advice I can give you when indulging is PORTION CONTROL, have the naughts but just enough to wet your appetite and then as you were.
So when making this recipe pay attention to the serving size.
- Chickpeas, 500g
- Red Onion, 1
- Garlic, 3 cloves
- Cumin, ground Spice,1 tsp
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- Fresh red chilli, 1 serving
- Celery, 2 stalk, large
- Spinach, frozen, 150g
- Rapeseed Oil, 1 tbsp
- Pepper, black, 1 dash
- Water, 100 g
- Limes, 1
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- Coconut Cream,100g and 400g of water (Add the cream to a jug and add 400g of boiling water to it. Mix till both ingredients have blended)
- Fry the garlic and red onion on a medium heat for 1 minute
2.Add in the celery and fry for a further 1 minute
3. Lower the heat and add the coconut cream, cumin, paprika, black pepper and chillies. Cook for a 1 minute, ensure you constantly stir.
4. Add chickpeas and 100ml of water, cook for 10 minutes on a low simmering heat.
5. Add fresh coriander, spinach and juice of 1 lime. Mix and remove off the heat.
Serve hot. Either serves with rice or potatoes
- High in protein, good for muscle growth, repair, and maintenance.
- High in fibre, great for your digestive system
- Low in saturated fats, keeping your waist line down!
- No cholesterol! – keep that blood pressure down