Good morning, afternoon or evening depending on your time zone. I am coming to you with a new recipe. Introducing the high protein onion soup! If you are like me and you like a good onion, from a red onion (personal favourite) to a super sweet shallot you have come to the right place. This is a quick simple recipe that wouldn’t take a chunk out of your day but full you up, guilty free.
- Mushrooms, fresh, 6 medium
- Quinoa, 200g
- Fresh Ginger, 2 tbsp
- Spring Onion, 4 sprigs
- Red Onion, 4 Large
- Parsley, 1 sprigs
- Leeks, 1 leek
- Garlic, 4 clove
- Pepper, black, 1 tsp
- Himalayan Pink Salt, pinch
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- Dried Chilli flakes, 1 tsp
- Groundnut Oil, 80 gram
- Lime Juice, juice of 1 lime
- Naan bread , 1 each
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 800ml of water
- Chop and prepare all your vegetables
2. Make your spice mix, grind your groundnut oil, pepper, salt, dried chillis and paprika. Add a tsp of extra olive oil post grind.
3. Sauté your Leek, red onions, garlic in your pan, 2 mins
4. Add your spice mix and mix for 1 minutes
5. Add your 600ml of boiling hot water
6.Leave to simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes
7. Add Quinoa to mix and 200ml of water, mix and cook for 10 mins. Low heat.
8. Add chopped mushrooms, parsley and 1 juice of lime, mix and leave to cook for 5 mins. Low heat.
10. Serve hot with Naan Bread
- Low saturated fats
- High in fibre: 7.4g per serving! (recommended 30 for men and 25 for women a day)
- 13.9g of protein: got to love Quinoa for the protein