Confession time, I hate making a ‘spag bowl’. Why? Well making the spaghetti separate to the sauce is a laborious job both because of timings and I never really get the sauce to mix well with the spaghetti once plated. But I got enlightened watching one of my many YouTube food gods. When I saw that title “How to make… One Pan Pasta” . My heart skilled a small but monumental beat. I sat there thinking of course! How have I not thought of this yet? It’s simple, quick and the sauce becomes one with the pasta. Of course me being me I had to modify some of the ingredients to make it more appealing to my taste buds. That’s the beauty if this recipe it’s so easy to make it yours.
- Wholegrain Spaghetti, 200g)
- Cherry Tomatoes, 200g
- Spinach, fresh, 100g
- Garlic, 3 clove
- Chilli red, 20g
- Basil, 10 leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
- Okra, 80g
- Red Onions, 1 medium
- Pepper, black, 1 dash
- Salt, 1 dash
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- 600ml of Vegetable stock
- Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chilli and okra across the base of a large pot. Arrange the spaghetti in the centre of the pot and pour over the olive oil and 600ml of vegetable stock
- Place the pot over a medium high heat and bring the contents of the pot to the boil. Stir the pasta regularly and cook for about 9 minutes until it’s cooked and the liquid has nearly evaporated creating a sauce.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir though the spinach and basil. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper to serve.
- Low in saturated fats: These are the fats that are prone to increase the amount of fat around your muscles.
- Low in salt: Keeping that blood pressure down!
- High in protein: You won’t be worrying where to get your protein from with this dish